We’re excited to resume ‘in person’ hours with the appropriate social distancing practices as recommended by the PA Department of Health in Green Phase. To safeguard your health and the health of others, please be aware of the following:
- PPE is highly recommended by the CDC before entering the premises. All staff, instructors and volunteers are required to wear masks when interacting with the public. Please do the same.
- Advance registration is required for all events, classes and youth activities to maintain social distancing practices. In many cases, capacity has been reduced by as much as 50%. As such, walk-ins cannot be accommodated. While on-line registration is preferred, we certainly welcome your phone call!
- Temperature checks will be required for Art Camp, Creative Play, Art’s Club and other group programs. Temperatures at or above 100.4 will not be admitted.
- House tours are limited to family units or groups of six or less. Reservations are required.
- Some events and activities may call for assigned seating to minimize cross contamination and maintain social distancing. We will only do this where and when necessary.
- Cleaning and disinfecting has been heightened to wipe down high traffic areas and frequently touched surfaces multiple times a day. Hand sanitizer and disinfectants will be available in most public spaces. Shared classroom equipment will be disinfected before and after use.
- The Gift Shop is temporarily closed. But stay tuned! Our inventory will be moving on-line!
- Rentals are temporarily suspended through August. Most gatherings are limited to 50 individuals inside and 100 individuals outside until further notice.
- Public receptions for exhibitions are temporarily suspended, but feel free to visit the galleries at any time without a reservation. Continue to follow us on Facebook for insider info and virtual tours!
We’ve also taken the initiative to:
- Relax our scholarship guidelines to increase eligibility and the amount of awards to anyone in need. (Apply online)
- Modify our refund policy to guarantee cash refunds if a class is cancelled, as well as issue credits for missed classes due to illness.
- Pre-package frequently used art supplies (pencils, markers, scissors, glue sticks, etc) for appropriate classes to minimize cross contamination. Unless included in the course fee, these materials will be returned to the Hoyt and sanitized before the next class session.
- Continue to develop on-line content. We understand certain at-risk populations might not feel comfortable returning right away, and many of you have grown comfortable exploring art from the safety of your kitchen table! That’s okay! We want to stay engaged!