Whether you are interested in applying for a solo exhibition at Arts & Education at the Hoyt or in gaining exposure through our offsite location, please take a minute to review the following guidelines before applying.
While not necessarily limited to artists age 21+ from the Mid-Atlantic region, preference is given to proposals stemming from Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware and Washington D.C under the following conditions:
- Applying to Arts & Education at the Hoyt: Selection for exhibition on our main campus is competitive. Artists are typically established and have prior exhibition experience. You must be able to demonstrate mature talent with a consistent body of work. While most media will be considered, video and installation are discouraged due to the historic nature of the facilities.
- Applying to The Confluence: The Confluence is a popular community gathering space featuring a cafe, stage, free library, meeting rooms and gallery in downtown New Castle, PA. The gallery typically showcases local art by local artists living within a 50 mile radius of the city. While most media will be considered, video and installation are discouraged due to limitations of space.
Submitting Your Proposal
Please mail or e-mail the following items to Patricia McLatchy, Exhibition Manager.
Materials submitted by mail will not be returned.
- Contact Form (download here)
- Description of proposed show
- 10-20 digital images (jpeg only)
- Image list including the title, medium, and dimensions of each piece.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- $25 review fee.
- Mail: Arts & Education at the Hoyt, c/o Patricia McLatchy, 124 E. Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA 16101
- E-mail: email@example.com