Whether you are interested in applying for a solo exhibition at Arts & Education at the Hoyt or in gaining exposure through our offsite location, please take a minute to review the following guidelines before applying. The deadline for submissions for the 2023-24 season is June 1, 2022.
While not necessarily limited to artists age 21+ from the Mid-Atlantic region, preference is given to proposals stemming from Pennsylvania, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware and Washington D.C under the following conditions:
- Applying to Arts & Education at the Hoyt: Selection for exhibition on our main campus is competitive. Artists are typically established and have prior exhibition experience. You must be able to demonstrate mature talent with a consistent body of work. While most media will be considered, video and installation are discouraged due to the historic nature of the facilities.
- Applying to The Confluence: The Confluence is a popular community gathering space featuring a cafe, stage, free library, meeting rooms and gallery in downtown New Castle, PA. The gallery typically showcases local art by local artists living within a 50 mile radius of the city. While most media will be considered, video and installation are discouraged due to limitations of space.
Submitting Your Proposal
Use our online form to submit your proposal.
Please mail or e-mail the following items to Patricia McLatchy, Exhibition Manager.
Materials submitted by mail will not be returned.
- Contact Form (download here)
- Description of proposed show
- 10-20 digital images (jpeg only)
- Image list including the title, medium, and dimensions of each piece.
- Current resume or curriculum vitae.
- $25 review fee.
- Mail: Arts & Education at the Hoyt, c/o Patricia McLatchy, 124 E. Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA 16101
- E-mail: email@example.com