L. Eugene DeCaprio Undergraduate Art Scholarship Program
In 2022, Arts and Education at the Hoyt introduced the L. Eugene DeCaprio Undergraduate Art Scholarship program named after the former Director of the Westminster College Celebrity Series and current Hoyt Center for the Arts Trustee, L. Eugene DeCaprio. Mr. DeCaprio has been presenting, performing and advocating for arts and culture in Lawrence County for more than six decades. While the program is certainly not Mr. DeCaprio’s first honor, it is one very close to his heart as it supports the continuing education of graduating seniors in Lawrence County who will continue to pursue a career in the arts.
Up to four $1000.00 scholarships annually.
- Plan to attend an accredited two-year or four-year postsecondary institution with a degree program in the performing or visual arts
- Have an expressed and demonstrated interest in the visual and/or studio arts. This primarily includes, but is not limited to, painting, drawing, sculpture, illustration, ceramics, theater and dance.
- Be a legal resident of Lawrence County, PA
- Be a high school senior in good academic standing, scheduled to graduate in the spring of the current school year.
Information Needed to Apply
- Contact Information
- High School Transcripts
- Work Samples
- Visual Arts: 10-12 Images representing the best of your body of work.
- Music: (Vocal or Instrumental) Two contrasting performances.
- Theatre: Two contrasting performances/monologues where the applicant is clearly featured. A recorded monologue/performance is acceptable.
- Dance: Recording of applicant where they are featured and clearly noted if a live performance. A recorded studio performance is acceptable.
- College Attending & program attending
- Two or three Letters of Recommendation
April 1, 2023
Meet Last Year’s Winners
Our first year, we were able to support five local students as they started their college careers. They are MacKenzie Miles, Nevada Pacifico, Jacob Sizer, Montana Pastore and Rachel Kroner.