Interested in supporting our mission “to expand and enrich the life of the community through participation in the arts”? Opportunities to join our team are listed below. Simply choose the opportunity that’s right for you and complete the on-line application.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities at the Hoyt Center for the Arts.
Summer Art Camp Instructor
Arts & Education at the Hoyt is currently seeking applications for the position of Summer Art Camp Instructor for the 6-8 year-old class. Camp will be held Tuesdays through Fridays from July 11 – August 11, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Applicants should have an education or related degree. Teaching experience is required. Although much of the educational material is provided, instructors are still required to submit age-appropriate lessons consistent with the theme and criteria developed by the Hoyt, along with samples of approved projects, and supply list. Current Act 33 and Act 34 clearances are required. Please call 724.652.2882 ext. 113 with any questions.
Art Camp Classroom Assistant
- Assistants will help to set the classrooms up to prepare for daily activities.
- Assistants will help to clean up the classrooms, including putting away supplies.
- Assistants will provide hands-on assistance to students.
- Assistants will help to provide supervision for students while in the classroom, at lunch, and during breaks.
- A flat amount of $200 per week or $1,000 for 5 weeks will be paid to all-day assistants.
- A flat amount of $100 per week or $500 for 5 weeks will be paid to half-day assistants.
- Tuesdays-Fridays, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (full day) or 9:00 am – noon (half-day), July 11- August 11, 2023
- Assistants shall arrive up to 30 minutes early to prep the classroom for instruction, but no later than 8:45 am.
Interested in teaching a class at the Hoyt? We are always looking for qualified visual and performing artists to add to our roster of teaching artists as a resource for staffing classes, camps, school programs, after-school programs and more throughout the year! Note: Please submit a portfolio of your work to email@example.com upon submission of an application.
- Experience practicing and facilitating an artistic discipline (visual art, music, theater, dance or literature)
- Experience working with K-12 students and/or adults
- Experience writing lesson plans a plus