Fall into the Holidays
November 10-December 17
Classes meet Tuesday – Thursday, 4-5:30 pm Doors open at 3 pm for homework and snacks. Free to grades 1-6 in Lawrence County. Pre-registration required.
As your child heads back into the classroom to resume in-school learning, please know that we have updated our after-school policies and procedures to continue safeguarding their health while offering some much needed fun! These include:
- Smaller, well spaced classes to comply with social distancing.
- One week lesson blocks for scheduling flexibility.
- A second classroom for younger students (grades 1-3).
- Enforced pre-registration – no walk-ins!
- Masks & temperature checks at the door. (Masks may be removed when seated.)
- Disinfectants, PPE and table dividers in the classrooms. Individually packaged art supplies for personal use.
Block I: Autumn Inspired
Create your own fall decor! We’ll spend the first two days crafting a scarecrow then finish the week by dot painting a colorful fall landscape.
Block II: The Three Sisters
Explore the significance of indigenous corn, beans and squash in Native American cultures with watercolor painting and cornstalk dolls.
Block III: A Few of My Favorite Things
Warm up to the idea of winter by painting some of your favorite things – including a portrait of your pet and your own hot cocoa mug!
Block IV: Shoebox Parade
Create parade floats from shoeboxes to host our won holiday parade!
Block V: Winter Wonderland
Bring the magic of the season indoors with projects ranging from miniature ice rinks to dancing tree collages. We’ll even make a few Christmas cards inspired by winter pines.
Sponsored by Lawrence County’s “Architects for Education”