Artists of all ages are invited to compete in Mini Masterpiece – a competition and traveling exhibition ‘small’ enough to go anywhere! While all entries will be displayed, only six will receive purchase awards ($150 each) and have their work reproduced as magnets for the Hoyt’s Gift Shop.
- The competition is open to everyone… from preschoolers to professional artists and everyone in between!
- For a $5 entry fee, you will receive a kit containing a miniature canvas (approx. 2.5″x3.5″ in size), easel and paint by mail.
- Then it’s time to choose a famous painting to replicate using the materials provided in your kit. NOTE: You may add or substitute acrylics to the palette provided if you are having difficulty with the transparency or permanence of paints.
- Display your painting in your front window until delivery day. If we see it, you just might find an added surprise in your mailbox!
- Then deliver your painting and easel back to us at the Hoyt on June 27, 2020 for judging.
- Traveling dates and locations tbd. Works will be returned upon completion of the tour. (Winning works, however, will not be returned)
Three entries in both adult and youth categories will receive $150 purchase awards. Their work will be reproduced into refrigerator magnets that will be available in the Hoyt Gift Shop. Winners will be announced July 6.
All entries will be included in the traveling exhibit. Dates and locations to be announced in July. Works will be returned upon the completion of the tour. (Purchase awards will not be returned.)