Businesses, schools, churches, clubs, municipalities and community organizations are invited to participate in the 2nd Annual Hometown Holly Days Shoebox Parade!
Simply create a float from a shoebox for your chance to win a $500 prize.
All entries will be exhibited at The Confluence, but only the top 50 will be featured in the parade, as determined by public vote on the Hoyt’s Facebook page, November 20-27!
Delivery Deadline: November 13
Entries are open to businesses, schools, churches, clubs, community organizations, and municipalities located in Lawrence County. No entry fee. Individuals are not eligible.
GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS
• Limit one entry per group. Schools or municipalities may have multiple entries if they are representing distinct clubs/departments.
• The float must be constructed using a cardboard shoebox no larger than l O”xl 3″x5″.
• Entries should not exceed 20″ in height or weigh more than l O lbs.
• Do not use wheels or build floats on a truck body, motorized toy or a base larger than the shoebox.
• Floats must be appropriate for a family audience and avoid controversial themes or issues. Use of political or social material is prohibited.
• If your entry exceeds the size limitations it may be disqualified from the public vote but included in the exhibition.
• The entry card must be affixed to the BOTTOM of the float.
One $500 prize will be awarded by People’s Choice from an on-line gallery of images posted on Facebook @ArtsandEducationattheHoyt, November 20-27, 2021. The top 50 vote getters will be featured in the parade film premiering on December 18 at The Confluence, downtown New Castle.
Special Thanks to:
Bill’s Sandwich Shop