HOMETOWN HOLLY DAYS SHOE BOX PARADE
Arts & Education at the Hoyt and New Visions for Lawrence County
- Entries are open to traditional parade participants (businesses, schools, churches, clubs, community organizations, and municipal departments.) located in Lawrence County.
- Individuals/Families are not eligible. However, click HERE for more information on our family holiday project!
- There is no entry fee. However, the entrant must be located in Lawrence County.
GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS:
- Limit one entry per group. Schools or municipalities may have multiple entries if representing distinct clubs and/or departments.
- The float must be constructed using a traditional cardboard shoebox no larger than 10” x 13” x 5” and limited only by your imagination.
- Entries should not exceed 20” in height or weigh more than 10 lbs.
- Do not use wheels or build floats on a truck body, motorized toy or a base larger than the shoebox.
- Floats must be appropriate for a family audience and avoid controversial themes or issues. Use of political or social material is prohibited.
- If your entry exceeds the size limitations it may be disqualified from the public vote but included in the exhibition.
- The entry card must be affixed to the BOTTOM of the float.
- One $500 prize will be awarded by People’s Choice.
- Judging will take place on Facebook, November 22-28, 2020.
- Winner will be announced on Monday, November 30, 2020.
- Awards may be retained by the group or gifted to a charity named on the entry form.
- The parade will be premiere with a Facebook Watch Party on November 21 at on our Facebook Page. A live Watch Party will be held at The Confluence from (Time TBD).
- Following the parade, shoebox floats will be displayed at The Confluence November 23, 2020-January 7, 2021.
- Floats must be picked up from The Confluence by 8:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 7, 2021. Any floats not picked up by this date will be discarded.
- Contest entries must be delivered to the Arts & Education at the Hoyt, 124 E. Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA no later than 4 pm on Saturday, November 7, 2020.
- Anyone participating in this contest by way of entry hereby grants Arts and Education at the Hoyt and New Visions for Lawrence County permission to use images of entry and contestant in any and all publications, publicity, social media, etc. associated with the event.
- Download Entry Form HERE
- Drop off your float along with completed entry form by November 7.
For information, contact Melissa Maiella at 724.652.2882 ext 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Thanks to: