Arts & Education at the Hoyt is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to oversee, coordinate and implement the maintenance, cleaning, repair and replacement of the museum’s properties, equipment and systems.
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Identify and develop a plan for maintenance, repair and annual upkeep
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and equipment inspections including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing and automated controls to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Perform general maintenance and participate in facility upgrades including but not limited to:
- Minor electrical, plumbing, HVAC maintenance
- Paint and plaster
- Fabrication and installation of storage, classroom or exhibition elements
- Work in concert with Executive Director/Buildings & Grounds Committee to plan and prioritize large-scale maintenance and repair efforts
- Oversee the procurement and management of outside contractors for large scale facility projects, including the acquisition of necessary quotes and estimates
- Supervise routine contracted labor/service contracts for buildings, grounds and systems to ensure timely compliance and completion.
- Manage the operation of building controls automation systems to determine correct operation of systems and makes necessary adjustment to meet environmental needs.
- Manage annual department budget; keeping records of expenditures, repairs and maintenance on all buildings & properties
- Ensures equipment is appropriately maintained, repaired or replaced when necessary, providing supporting documentation associated with any recommendations.
- Supervise custodial staff and assists with cleanliness of museum spaces as necessary, including exterior snow, ice and waste removal.
- Provide operational support for special events and exhibits taking place at the museum.
- Assist with scheduling and coordinating facility related deliveries, pickups and facilities vendor site visits.
- Oversee diagnosis, repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment, electrical equipment and building controls.
- Manage inventory of cleaning supplies, tools, power equipment, etc.
- Respond to building alarms and act as an emergency contact (dependent of residence).
- Participate in Buildings & Grounds committee
- Remain responsive to the operational and facility needs of museum
- Remain available to handle after-hours and weekend emergency facilities issues.
- Other duties, as assigned
Candidate must have ability to:
- Proactively communicate (verbally and in writing) with the Executive Director, staff and Buildings & Grounds committee
- Establish and maintain a harmonious work environment and public relations with museum staff and visitors
- Recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow policies, practice safe work habits and utilize appropriate safety equipment
- Exhibit mobility to monitor and maintain systems museum-wide and meet the daily demands of the position; standing, bending, stretching, lifting, etc.
- Able to work a variety of tasks from light to heavy manual labor, and in environments with fluctuating outside temperatures (hot to cold).
- Able to multi-task and adapt easily to changing priorities
- Associate degree or certification in HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and/or Building Automation Controls field.
- Three years of experience in the field of HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical and/or Building Automation Controls operations and repairs in a facility of similar size and/or like operating systems. Supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of Johnson Controls is a plus.
- Strong understanding general building maintenance and preventative maintenance
- General knowledge of boiler, VRF, AC equipment, electrical and plumbing operations and
- Strong procurement and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of OSHA and other related health, safety, security and facilities maintenance concerns.
- Experience managing historic facilities a plus
- $55,000.00-$65,000.00 salaried
- Health benefits (ICHRA)
- 3% retirement match
- 10 days paid vacation
- 5 days paid sick time
- Paid holidays