From state parks and Amish farmlands to ethnic foods, festivals and fireworks, the 4th Annual Lawrence County Art Show invites artists to capture the people, places and events that make our region unique! While cash prizes will recognize talent, a limited number of purchase awards will help build the County’s Art Collection from the entries submitted.
- Deadline for Entries: November 1, 2021 (drop off Oct 27 – Nov 1)
- Notification of Awards by November 8, 2021.
- Exhibition Dates: November 12, 2021 to February 28, 2022
- Public reception: November 12, 2021, 5-7 pm (Awards at 6 pm)
- Pick up: February 28 to March 11, 2022 (May pick up earlier if needed)
- The Lawrence County Art Competition is open to artists 18+.
- Only two-dimensional media will be considered. No jewelry, sculpture, pottery, video/film or other three-dimensional work will be accepted.
- Works must be original and depict a person, place or event in Lawrence County. Please be specific as possible in naming the location and/or significance of the subject on your entry form.
- Work cannot exceed 36” in any direction or 50lbs in weight.
- All work must be professionally prepared for display, meaning framed and wired to hang. If using a mat, neutral or white is preferred. Paper works should be protected by glass or plexi-glass. Special display instructions should be clearly noted on the entry form.
- The Lawrence County Art Competition Committee has final authority to define what constitutes an acceptable entry. Works may be declined if not adequately prepared for display or considered unsafe or inappropriate for public view.
While measures will be taken to safeguard work in the care of Lawrence County, the County cannot be held liable for damages incurred during delivery, exhibition or storage. Artists must provide their own insurance as desired. The receipt of an entry in the exhibition will constitute agreement by the artist with all conditions set forth in this prospectus.
Works may be delivered in person to the Register and Recorder’s Office at the Lawrence County Courthouse, 430 Court Street, New Castle from October 27th to November 1st between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm.
$10 per work. No limit to number of entries.
Cash Awards: 1st Place: $175.00, 2nd Place: $125.00, 3rd Place: $75.00
Purchase Awards: Up to a total of $1500.00 collectively may be available to acquire artwork from the competition to build the County’s Art Collection. These pieces will remain on permanent display at the Lawrence County Courthouse.
Award winners will be notified by November 8, 2021. Awards will be announced at the Public Reception on November 12th.
Potential sales will be referred directly to the artist.
Work may be picked up from the Register and Recorder’s Office at the Lawrence County Courthouse on week days from 9 am to 3 pm, February 28 to March 11, 2022.