DEADLINE: JANUARY 25
Artists are invited to submit electronic entries for the 47th Hoyt Regional Juried Exhibition. Tyler Cann, Curator of Contemporary Art & Head of Exhibitions, Columbus Museum of Art, will select works and award winners for the exhibition.
Dates to Remember
- Deadline for Entries: Postmark- January 25, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: February 22nd
- Delivery of accepted works: By March 14th
- Pick up works: June 13th
- Public Reception: April 4, 2-4 pm|
- Exhibition Dates: March 31 – June 11, 2020
- 1st place – $600
- 2nd place – $400
- 3rd place – $200
- Up to six merit awards: $50 each.
How To Apply
- Apply Online by clicking the “Apply Button” below
- By Mail: Download Prospectus and return with CD containing images of your work
- JPEG file only, cannot exceed 2MB.
- Each image file on the CD must be titled with corresponding entry number indicated. Label the CD in marker including your name, entry number and title of work in the sequence they appear on CD. Mail CD, Entry/ Notification Card and fee to: Arts & Education at the Hoyt, 124 East Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA 16101.
- Entries are limited to artists 18+ living within 250 miles of New Castle, PA 16101
- All media will be considered with the following exceptions: No video or installations.
- Works must be original and completed within the last three years and not previously shown at the Hoyt.
- Work cannot exceed 48 inches in any direction or 150 pounds in weight.
- All work must be professionally prepared for display 2D pieces must be framed & wired: paper works protected by glass or plexiglass. Special display instructions should be clearly noted.
- Arts & Education at the Hoyt has final authority to define what constitutes an acceptable entry. Works may be declined if they are not adequately prepared for display, considered unsafe, or appear to be different from the entry emailed or CD.
$35.00 for up to three entries ($25.00 for Hoyt Members) and $10.00 for each additional entry. Entry fees may be paid online or made payable to Arts & Education at the Hoyt and mailed to Arts & Education at the Hoyt, Regional Juried Exhibition, 124 East Leasure Ave., New Castle, PA 16101. (entry fee is non-refundable)
Not all works will be accepted into the show. You will be notified if your works have been accepted by February 22.
Delivery and Shipping
Accepted works must be received at the Hoyt by March 14th. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of all works. Return shipping instructions must be included for works shipped. Work can be picked up in person on June 13th. Shipped works by June 20th.
Sales are encouraged. A commission of 30% will be charged on all sales resulting from the exhibition, please price accordingly. Checks are issued within 30 days of the exhibition’s close. All works not for sale must be clearly marked NFS.
About The Juror
Tyler Cann joined the Columbus Museum of Art in February 2013 and is responsible for CMA’s overall exhibition pro-gram, as well as acquisitions, exhibitions, publications, and programs involving post-war and contemporary art. He has curated or co-curated nearly twenty exhibitions in Columbus, and has recently taken on curatorial responsibility for the Pizzuti Collection of the Columbus Museum of Art in the city’s Short North District. For CMA’s permanent collection, Cann has led the acquisition of works by artists such as Kevin Beasley, Victoria Gitman, Thomas Lanigan-Schmidt, Josiah McElheny, Trevor Paglen, and Susan Philipsz, among others. Previously, Cann held curatorial positions at Ikon Gallery in Birmingham, United Kingdom, and the Govett-Brewster Art Gallery in New Zealand. He holds art history degrees from the University of California, Berkeley and Harvard University. Cann’s current projects include a solo exhibition of Jim Hodges’ work at the Pizzuti Collection, and, as co-curator, the major exhibition Art after Stonewall: 1969–1989, featured at the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art and the Grey Art Gallery, New York University. The exhibition will travel to the Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum of Florida International University, Miami, and open at the Columbus Museum of Art in March 2020.