Dates to Remember:
Deadline for Entries: Postmark– February 21, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: March 28th
Delivery of accepted works: By April 15th
Pick up works: July 2nd
Public Reception: May 14th, 1-3pm
Exhibition Dates: April 26 – June 30, 2022
- 1st place – $600
- 2nd place – $400
- 3rd place – $200
How To Apply
- Apply Online by clicking the “Apply Button” below
- By Mail: Download Prospectus and return with CD containing images of your work
- JPEG file only, cannot exceed 2MB.
- Each image file on the CD must be titled with corresponding entry number indicated. Label the CD in marker including your name, entry number and title of work in the sequence they appear on CD. Mail CD, Entry/ Notification Card and fee to: Arts & Education at the Hoyt, 124 East Leasure Avenue, New Castle, PA 16101.
- Artists living within a 250-mile radius of New Castle
- Age 18+
- Original work completed within the last three years and not previously exhibited at the Hoyt
- Most media considered. No video or installation.
- Work cannot exceed 150 lbs or 48” in any direction
- Work must be professionally prepared for display. 2D pieces must be wired and framed. Works on paper must be protected by glass. Special display instructions should be clearly noted.
$35.00 for up to three entries ($25.00 for Hoyt Members) and $10.00 for each additional entry. Entry fees may be paid online or made payable to Arts & Education at the Hoyt and mailed to Arts & Education at the Hoyt, Regional Juried Exhibition, 124 East Leasure Ave., New Castle, PA 16101. (entry fee is non-refundable)
Not all works will be accepted into the show. You will be notified if your works have been accepted by March 28.
Delivery and Shipping
Accepted works must be received at the Hoyt by April 15. Artists are responsible for delivery and pick up of all works. Work can be picked up in person on July 2. Shipped works will be sent by July 8. Return shipping instructions must be included for works shipped.
Sales are encouraged. A commission of 30% will be charged on all sales resulting from the exhibition, please price accordingly. Checks are issued within 30 days of the exhibition’s close. All works not for sale must be clearly marked NFS.
About The Juror
Laura Domencic is the Executive Director of the Erie Art Museum. Before this recent appointment, she has worked as an independent arts consultant leading successful fundraising efforts for a variety of institutional and individual clients. For the past three years, she has also directed an artist residency program in Ambialet, France. She has curated and organized exhibitions, many of which garnered significant critical attention, including Emigration— Immigration—Migration (Westmoreland Museum of American Art, 2018-19), In the Air: Visualizing what we breathe (Pittsburgh Filmmakers Galleries, 2015), and Marcellus Shale Documentary Project (ten-venue traveling exhibition, 2012-16).
Previously, Domencic served for 11 years as director of the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts (PCA), part of the Pittsburgh Filmmakers/Pittsburgh Center for the Arts. At PCA, she managed operations for the arts center campus in Mellon Park, developing, curating and shepherding a full calendar of exhibitions, and building community arts programming.
In addition to her administrative roles, Domencic is a visual artist. She received her MFA from Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and her BFA from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh. Her work was included in the Art of State 2020 exhibition at The State Museum of Pennsylvania, Transverse: 2021 Three Rivers Arts Festival Juried Visual Arts Exhibition, and in An Unpredictable Time & Place at MASS MoCA on July 2nd.