Open to individuals of all ages in Lawrence County, PA.
Guidelines & Restrictions
• Limit one entry per individual.
• The gingerbread house can be constructed from any materials from traditional gingerbread and candy to cardboard, paper mache, craft sticks and more. Please note that despite what materials are used the finished product should look like a gingerbread house.
• The house must be created on a flat base no larger than l 8″L x l 8″W. Do not use wheels or build house on a truck body or motorized toy.
• The height should not exceed 20″ and the weight no more than 20 lbs when complete.
• Houses must be appropriate for a family audience and avoid controversial themes or issues.
• If your entry exceeds the size limitations it may be disqualified from the public vote but included in the exhibition.
• The entry card must be affixed to the BOTTOM of the base.
1st ($150), 2nd ($75) and 3rd ($50) place in each category will be selected by People’s Choice via The Hoyt’s Instagram Page, November 14-20, 2021. Winners announced at the Holiday Open House on Sunday, November 21.
All Entries will be displayed at The Hoyt, November 21 – December 30. Houses must be picked up from The Hoyt by 8 pm on Thursday, January 6, 2022. Any houses not picked up by this date will be discarded.
Contest entries must be delivered to the Hoyt no later than 4 pm on November 13.
Anyone participating in this contest by way of entry hereby grants the Hoyt permission to use images of entry and contestant in any and all publications, publicity, social media, etc. associated with the event.
Questions? Call Melissa at 724.652.2882, ext 117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.