Open to teens (ages 13-18) and families with children in Lawrence County. Teens may work individually or in groups.
Guidelines & Restrictions
• Limit one entry per individual, teen group or family.
• The gingerbread house can be constructed from any materials from traditional gingerbread and candy to cardboard, paper mache, craft sticks and more. Please note that despite what materials are used the finished product should look like a gingerbread house.
• The house must be created on a flat base no larger than l 8″L x l 8″W. Do not use wheels or build house on a truck body or motorized toy.
• The height should not exceed 20″ and the weight no more than 20 lbs when complete.
• Houses must be appropriate for a family audience and avoid controversial themes or issues.
• If your entry exceeds the size limitations it may be disqualified from the public vote but included in the exhibition.
• The entry card must be affixed to the BOTTOM of the base.
1st ($100), 2nd ($50) and 3rd ($25) place in each category will be selected by People’s Choice via The Hoyt’s Instagram Page, December 1-6 2020. Winners announced on Monday, December 7, 2020.
All Entries will be displayed at The Hoyt, December 1-January 8, 2021. Houses must be picked up from The Hoyt by 8:00 p.m. on Friday, January 8, 2021. Any houses not picked up by this date will be discarded.
Contest entries must be delivered to the Hoyt no later than 4 pm on November 28.
Anyone participating in this contest by way of entry hereby grants the Hoyt permission to use images of entry and contestant in any and all publications, publicity, social media, etc. associated with the event.
Questions? Call Melissa at 724.652.2882, ext 117 or email email@example.com.