- Mod Podge Matte Finish
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Paint Brush
- Acrylic Paint (color for faux grout)
- Surface to create mosaic on (canvas board, coasters, wood, etc)
- Prep your project surface by painting it with acrylic paint in your prefered color – this will take the place of the grout between the pieces of your design.
- Sketch out your design if desired
- Cut desired shapes and colors from magazine pages
- Brush a small section of the surface with matte Mod Podge and place colored paper pieces over the Mod Podge and then brush Mod Podge over them.
- Continue this process until you have filled the surface (remember to leave spaces between the paper pieces to create the illusion of grout)
- Apply Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to the paper pieces (not to the grout areas) – squeeze a small amount on each individual piece of paper and use the tip of the tube to spread it (this will create the raised ceramic look)
- Allow to dry completely (about 2 hours)
Find more things to See Learn & Do!
Thank you to our Sponsors