- A rock (Ideally similar shape as an egg)
- Acrylic paint (Could substitute with paint markers)
- Water cup
- Paint palate
- Paper towel
- Gather your supplies and think about the design you would like to create. Consider creating a symmetrical design.
- You can sketch out your design or jump right in with painting. Be sure to clean your paintbrush when switching colors.
- Let your “eggs” dry and display them inside or outside!
- Don’t forget to take a photo and share your project with us!
Words to Know
Symmetry – The balance of one side to another. In perfect symmetry, one half is an exact mirror of the other.
Pysanky are Easter eggs, decorated with traditional Ukrainian folk art using a wax-resist method. Its name comes from the word “pysaty,” which means “to write”.