- Paint (washable paint is recommended)
- Heavy Paper
- Paint Brush
- Small containers (if paint is too thick, can pour in to other container and add a little water)
- Optional: other materials to paint on
- Since this challenge gets a little messy, it is a great project to do outside!
- Allow gravity to assist in this challenge – try working with your paper taped to a board or piece of cardboard propped up and use a paint brush to drip paint at the top of the paper and allow it to drip down. .
- Allow different colors of paint to blend together as they flow on your paper.
- Experiment with other surfaces to paint on, such as a terracotta flower pot (remember to get permission from an adult first though!)
Words to Know
Action Painting: A style of painting in which paint is spontaneously dribbled, splashed or smeared onto the canvas, rather than being carefully applied.
Abstract art: modern art which does not represent images of our everyday world. It has color, lines and shapes (form), but they are not intended to represent objects or living things.
Find more things to See Learn & Do!
Thank you to our sponsors